Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Enjoy the journey...
What an amazing day today! After finishing the youth seminar yesterday evening I realized what better way to understand the youth of Sudan than going to their homes, so we met up at the compound and we all walked the town of Yei Sudan as a group. Each youth wanted me to see where they lived so I went to each of their huts and met their family and friends. They even took me to the Chief of Yei's home and introduced me to him. I was so honored. Of course we walked through town so i could see the schools, hospital, market, town square and where they liked to go. They were so excited for me to be with them. I was too... Before any of that happened, I went with Bishop Taban to Uganda which is only about 30-40 miles away but because of the condition of the roads it took about 2 1/2 hours one way. Riding in the front seat with this inspiring man, on a dirt road full of holes and bumps yet seeing some of the nicest country side in the world was amazing. He was not in a rush to get to our destination. In fact we stopped a few times to speak to people and to enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment