Friday, November 5, 2010

Bittersweet...
As Alice and I look at the infinite stars in the sky here in Sudan we find ourselves a little sad. We have had such a life-changing experience with the people of South Sudan, we hate to say goodbye. Today we participated in the "ribbon cutting" of the epc 24 hour clinic ward and it was a celebration to say the least. We danced and sang, and at the end of the celebration the village people came around the team and prayed for us... It brought us to tears. The youth presented Alice and I with a gift and said a few words about how blessed the youth were by us coming...But, I feel Like I was blessed by them. To hear their stories brought tears to our eyes but one thing they had in common was despite the turmoil that they have endured because of war... They are hopeful for the future and are filled with the joy of the Lord!

Trey and Alice

1 comment:

  1. Hello Alice and Trey

    Know that you have been a blessing to the people of South Sudan as they have been to you. This an experience that you and Trey will have for a lifetime. I hope that you are getting my posts. Stay Blessed and at peace.

    Love Ya,

    Angela

    ReplyDelete